Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm a proud Occupational Therapy student :)

I know I have more requirements and errands to do but I just want to rest and write a blog. One of the things that's making me busy nowadays is this case study I have to work into:


Long-term Effects of Hippotherapy on One Child with Cerebral Palsy: A Research Case Study
British Journal of Occupational Therapy August 2012


As I go through the text of this journal, the experience of riding a horse excites me inside. HAHAHA Btw, "hippo" is a Greek word for horse. So technically you use the horse for therapy. I've heard different techniques that OT use for their intervention in different cases but this was the first time I encountered this. Maybe because we don't practice them here. But I really find this cool :) Using natural creations to help those who are in need. =)) Horse for CP patients is definitely effective and for sure the kids will love their interaction with this animal :) It'll also give them a different yet one of a kind experience.

When I knew about the Aquatherapy where you swim with the kids having this particular session, it sounds awesome! Since I'm a water-lover person. HAHAHA I can marry the water actually :P I get excited to practice them on my internship in the next one year and a half :) But today, as I've read this journal seems like I want to learn how to ride the horse. HAHAHA not just for my pleasure of riding them but also I want to use this as my intervention in the future! I will buy a ranch and have lots of trained lovely ponies who can help me as an OT :) They'll for sure love the kids riding on them :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment